Information for applicants
ALL applications for degrees via ACMS should include the following items, AS WELL as specific items detailed further below per degree:
- Degree Certificates (SAQA Clearance is required for degrees awarded outside of South Africa)
- Academic Transcripts (view the entry requirements for the MA here)
- SA Qualifications authority (SAQA) Clearance: foreign degrees have to be evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) in Pretoria. Please use speed assessment of 10 days. SAQA contact telephone numbers are 27 (0)431 5000. Helpdesk 0860 10 31 88. Fax 012 431 5039 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Requirements for an application for a Master of Arts in Migration and Displacement
Deadline for 2017 MA applications: 30 September 2016
- Title /topic of your research and synopsis of your proposed research: 2 - 5 pages
- 3 reference/recommendation letters
2. Requirements for an application to complete a PhD
Rolling applications are accepted throughout the year.
Applicants are strongly recommended to identify a potential supervisor within ACMS and contact them before submitting their application.
Candidates considering applying for registration for a PhD should first contact the ACMS Academic Coordinator at email@example.com before submitting an application to the University.
PhD applications should include, in addition to the items listed at the top of this page:
- Research Concept: this should outline your research topic or question, relevant literature and proposed methods. This should be 5 - 10 pages
- 2 reference/recommendation letters
Visit this page to find out about funding opportunities available for post graduate applicants.