Mphatso Kamndaya has a PhD in Public Health from the University of the Witwatersrand, School of Public Health. His research interests are in the social determinants of health, with a focus on untangling the influence of local measures of material disadvantage on adolescent sexual and reproductive health in vulnerable urban environments.
- Kamndaya, M. Sex and young people in urban slums: Exploring the material deprivation and sexual risk nexus in Malawi and South Africa. To appear in Global Health Action.
- Kazembe, LN., Kamndaya, M. (2016) Hierarchical spatial modelling of pneumonia prevalence when response outcome has misclassification error: applications to household data from Malawi. Spatial and Spatio-temporal Epidemiology Volume 16, February 2016, Pages 35-42.
- Adedokun, B., Nyasulu, P., Maseko, F., Adedini, S., Akinyemi, J., Afolabi, S., de Wet, N., Sulaimon, A., Sambai, C., Utembe, W., Opiyo, R., Awotidebe, T., Chirwa, E., Nabakwe, E., Niragire, F., Uwizeye, D., Niwemahoro, C., Kamndaya, M., Mwakalinga, V. & Otwombe, K. (2014). Sharing perspectives and experiences of doctoral fellows in the first cohort of Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa: 2011-2014. Global Health Action, Sept 2014. doi: 10.3402/gha.v7.25127.
- Kamndaya, M., Kazembe, LN., Vearey, J., Kabiru, CW., Thomas, L. (2015) Material deprivation and unemployment affect coercive sex among young people in the urban slums of Blantyre, Malawi: A multi-level approach. Health & Place, 33: 90–100
- Kamndaya, M., Vearey, L., Thomas, L., Kabiru, CW., Kazembe, LN. (2015) The role of material deprivation and consumerism in the decisions to engage in transactional sex among young people in the urban slums of Blantyre, Malawi. Global Public Health, Volume 11, Issue 3, March 2016, pages 295-308
- Kamndaya, M., Thomas, L., Vearey, J., Sartorius, B., Kazembe, L. (2014) Material deprivation affects sexual risk behaviour among young people in urban slums, South Africa. Journal of Urban Health, June 2014; 91(3): 581–591.
Tel: +27(0)11 717 4121