ALL applications for degrees via ACMS should include the following items, AS WELL as specific items detailed further below per degree:
- Degree Certificates (SAQA Clearance is required for degrees awarded outside of South Africa)
- Academic Transcripts (view the entry requirements for the MA here)
- SA Qualifications authority (SAQA) Clearance: foreign degrees have to be evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) in Pretoria. Please use speed assessment of 10 days. SAQA contact telephone numbers are : +27 (0)431 5000. Helpdesk 0860 10 31 88. Fax 012 431 5039 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Requirements for an application for an Honours in Migration and Displacement
Deadline for 2020 Honours applications is 30 September 2019
Honours applications should include in addition to the items mentioned above:
- Academic transcripts- average 65%
- Graduation certificate
- SAQA Clearance
- Motivational Letter
2. Requirements for an application for a Master of Arts in Migration and Displacement
Deadline for 2020 MA applications is 30 September 2019
MA applications should include in addition to the items mentioned above:
- Title /topic of your research and synopsis of your proposed research: 2 – 5 pages
- 3 reference/recommendation letters
Please visit this online Wits application page to submit an application. Application documents should also be emailed to the teaching coordinator once they have been uploaded to the Wits portal.
3. Requirements for an application for a PhD in Migration and Displacement.
Rolling applications are accepted throughout the year.
Applicants are strongly recommended to identify a potential supervisor within ACMS and contact them before submitting their application.
Candidates considering applying for registration for a PhD should first contact the ACMS Academic Coordinator at email@example.com before submitting an application to the University.
PhD applications should include, in addition to the items listed at the top of this page:
- Research Concept: this should outline your research topic or question, relevant literature and proposed methods. This should be 5 – 10 pages
- 2 reference/recommendation letter
Please visit this online Wits application page to submit an application.